About the artist
SUKA OFF is a Poland based artist collective existing since 1995. Its founder and artistic director is Piotr Wegrzynski. They have been creating work across visual theatre, performance art, club action, installation, photography, video art and music visuals. SUKA OFF’s work has been presented in theatres, art galleries, clubs and festivals in most European countries, as well as in USA, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Japan.
The recurring themes of SUKA OFF art are:
- human carnality in all its biological and physiological aspects
- attempt to redefine the gender by blurring the individual attributes / sexual codes culturally arrogated to the male and female
- redefinition of classical myths and philosophical ideas and translating them into modern visual language
- search of alternative and radical forms of communication based on the connection between the living human body and electronic devices
- postindustrial aesthetics, the "clash" between human body and the substance of steel / aluminum / concrete